Thursday, June 24, 2010

Typhoid down...Malaria to go

Success! I finished all of my Typhoid meds and the last day I didn't even get sick! I had a really bad reaction the third day of the meds and I was NOT looking forward to day four (the last day I had to take them). BUT, luckily I had no reaction at all on day four. Now I just have to start taking Malaria pills (which are roughly the size of a baked potato). I start taking those two days before I leave, the duration of my trip, and four weeks after I get back. I'm going to be super mega ultra deluxe Malaria free!! :)

Well, in 12 days I will be an international traveler for the first time in my life. I am so excited and scared and anxious all at once! The Lord has really calmed most of my anxieties about flying solo across the world. I also realize that people fly alone all the time and that all of the airports I have layovers in speak English (except for maybe Detroit...).

This week I'll start packing and getting last minute things together. I also have to go through all the books I want to take with me and start working on some lesson plans! I can't believe my trip is so close!

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all my family and friends who continue to pray for my trip. You guys are doing more than you think! I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. you are so funny---that baked potato sized pill cracked me up!! wishing you safe travels! love!

    ReplyDelete